A Home Care Package is designed to help you live in your own home for as long as possible. If you are an older person who needs support and coordinated services to continue living at home, you may be eligible for a Home Care Packages Program.
The Australian Government provides a subsidy to approved home care providers like Home Care Assistance South East Melbourne towards a package of care, services and case management to meet your individual needs.
All the home care packages must be provided on a Consumer Directed Care basis. You have the choice and flexibility in the way that the care and support is provided. Each Home Care Package is tailored to meet your individual needs and lifestyle.
You can access different services, including help with:
- Showering and dressing
- Laundry, cleaning and meals preparation
- Garden and home maintenance
- Transport to appointments or shopping
- Access to allied health services such as massage and podiatry
- Referrals to other services in the community